By Alyssa Rosenberg on Sep 11, 2012 at 12:06 pm (ThinkProgress.org)

Chris Brown, having graduated from tossing chairs at windows after interviewers have the temerity to ask him about his battering of then-girlfriend Rihanna, has apparently decided that violence against women will be his new hallmark. He’s tattooed an image of a battered woman, which looks strikingly like the images taken to document Rihanna’s injuries though he of course denies it’s her, on his neck:

I’m not sure what’s less attractive—that Brown would document his assault on a specific woman he was in a relationship with, or that he wants to bear the image of a random battered woman on his body. Either way, whether he intends penance or defiance, Brown’s guaranteed that no one will be able to look at him without a reminder that he attacked a woman. Whether that image wears on the people who have defended him thus far is an open—and perhaps more important—question. The ability of famous men to abuse women and get away with it depends significantly on a public willingness to excuse them, a level of protection extended by men and women alike.

Tags: An, Battered, Brown, Chris, His, Image, Neck, On, Tattoos, Woman, More…a, of

Views: 941

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for adding the hashtag #boycott  The fact that this man still has a "music career" to speak of is unthinkable...

What a fucken idiot period!!!!

Only the responsible thing to do, Orange_Wolf.   Yeah, I wonder that my self.

Orange_Wolf XIII said:

Thanks for adding the hashtag #boycott  The fact that this man still has a "music career" to speak of is unthinkable...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Best guide to hip hop, soul, reggae concerts & events in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles & New York City + music, videos, radio and more

Connect

Bookmark and Share

Subscribe to our EBlast

Subscribe

Win Tickets

Angie Stone
Fri-Sat, Sep 5-6 @ Yoshi's, Oakland

Lil Wayne vs. Drake
Tue, Sep 16 @ Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mtn View

Wu-Tang Clan
Sat, Sep 27 @ The Warfield SF

Eric Roberson
Fri-Sat, Oct 10-11 @ Yoshi's, Oakland

Nas
Sun, Oct 19 @ Fox Theater, Oakland

TOP PICKS

Tip: Open Spotify prior to playing

Members

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Groups

Wall Posts

I'll so special protocol coming

Posted by jorh odge on August 27, 2014 at 3:47am

[MIXTAPE] Big Dev - Grand Opening

Posted by MixtapeDistribution.com on August 27, 2014 at 3:42am

Stay Fit and Strong After 50 Blackline Elite

Posted by sanramoss50 jhon on August 27, 2014 at 2:25am

Latest Activity

kevis jams posted a status
57 seconds ago
kevis jams updated their profile
1 minute ago
jorh odge posted a blog post

I'll so special protocol coming

I've never seen anything come close to this almost Ilion method of gaining muscle you'll end up totally with that beach ready body what even though your diet barely changes that’s because this method is actually automatically burning body fat while you train more body fat than you could ever bring by even Xtreme Nitro starving yourself and its faxed how fast two hundred percent faster than traditional wagering we're talking about buying several pounds of…See More
1 minute ago
Lupita Hamner updated their profile
1 minute ago
Lupita Hamner posted a status
2 minutes ago
Profile Iconjorh odge, kevis jams, Maha noor and 41 more joined True Skool Network
2 minutes ago
MixtapeDistribution.com posted a blog post

[MIXTAPE] Big Dev - Grand Opening

[MIXTAPE] Big Dev Grand OpeningHosted By: nonDescription:This is some music that i threw together i call it grand opening meanining that it is my turn now Tracklist: [DOWNLOAD NOW!]Posted by http://www.MixtapeDistribution.comSee More
6 minutes ago
Mabel Lee posted a discussion

According to the findings of the metropolis researchers

I am living in my 30′s therefore, it simply occurred to Maine at some point that bar is best than cure and thus, I visited my skin doctor for a diagnostic assay. Astonishingly, the take a look at disclosed few fine lines on my skin. While not giving them the possibility to grow, I requested my skin doctor to recommend Maine with an answer and him or her two-handed with the bottle of Bellavei Youth Renew Phytoceramides. Doctors Recommendation…See More
19 minutes ago
cassian tukmy posted a discussion

Proven Strategies For Maximum Muscle Gains

Our bodies body contractor because of an adjustive activity to the environs. When you go to the gym, you happening downward your yobbo fibers by breeding with weights. Blackline Elite  Your body senses this as a voltage threat to its survival and present react accordingly by rebuilding the burst fibers large and stronger in sect to protect against any doable prox threat. Therefore, in request to kind relentless gains in hooligan filler and posture, you…See More
51 minutes ago
Washbu Albert posted discussions
56 minutes ago
goldrup ardella posted a discussion

SEO Courses - How They Could Allow You to Start Oline

SEO Courses Online  teaching gift assist you to jazz the intricate skills of examine engine improvement. SEO can be done online as cured as offline and both these techniques helpfulness in attracting interchange to your website. There are any frequent topics that gift be cloaked by age of the universities and institutes that render courses in SEO. Along with canonize intro to SEO, these courses testament also offer noises on keyword…See More
1 hour ago
Washbu Albert posted a status
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service